For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
Our purpose is to love and equip under-resourced and expectant mothers by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ through mentorship and education in a supportive community. This outreach ministry is designed to mobilize current church members to reach our community with a specialized focus on under-resourced pregnant women and moms in the Denham Springs area.
Monthly Gatherings & Mentorship
Gatherings will be once a month at Grace Covenant Church.
We will have guest speakers each time educating our guests on different topics of pregnancy and motherhood.
We will provide some snacks and refreshments.
These gatherings will be the space to begin our mentorship and start building relationships.
- The main focus of our ministry is to build relationships , share the gospel, and disciple the women that come to participate.
- We need women from GCC to volunteer to mentor. The expectation is to communicate 1-2 times per week and to meet together once a month.
Opportunities to Serve
- Meet one on one with women once a month and communicate in some capacity once a week.
- Attend monthly gatherings.
- If you do not think you can commit to the expectations of a mentor, you can volunteer to attend the monthly gathering and get to know the women of Woven.
- Volunteer to help with set up and clean up.
- Assist with providing food for monthly meetings.
We need women to share their passions, gifts, professional expertise at monthly gatherings about a certain topic related to motherhood, food/nutrition, parenting, pregnancy topics, photography, knitting/sewing, painting, meal planning, community resources, safe sleep.
- Help watch children during monthly meetings
Please contact Allison Hillebrandt at (337)263-8843 to serve or get more info.